Workshops are typically taught by Schadia, the director of Nazeem Allayl, and our senior teachers. We also host Guest Teachers for special topics workshops.
Atlanta Belly Dance LLC regularly organizes belly dancing workshops which are hosted by the Nazeem Allayl Studios in Atlanta. We offer different types of workshops, ranging from special topics such as dancing with props (sword, veil, fanveil, cane, fire, spoon, zills) to culture and country specific dance styles (Nubian, Turkish, Lebanese, Egyptian). We also teach many of our choreographies that are typically taught in a six-week course in special one day workshops. These choreography workshops are designed for students that want to participate in one of our studio shows, but are open to everyone.|
Upcoming Belly Dance Workshop topics:
Dates subject to change, please check calendar for latest dates
- Sunday,Sun Sept 11th: I am Woman (Beginner). 1-4pm @ Pmtr
- Sunday,Sun Sept 11th: Djenna Djenna (Interm). 1-4pm @ Pmtr/Teal
- Saturday, Sept 10th: Tigi Tigi (Beginner). 1-4pm @ Pmtr
- Saturday and Sunday, August 20+21, 2011:
Haflanta Seminars and Show.
|Hafla is the scientific term for dance party, and Haflanta is Atlanta's biggest belly dance party. During the day, we host a Belly Dance Workshop Weekend featuring Atlanta's best teachers, and on Saturday night we party.|
Student Exhibitions: We are supporting our fellow small business students by providing exhibition space for family friendly products. Please contact us to reserve your table.
- Saturday, July 16th, 1-4pm @ Pmtr Fan Veil Workshop Cost $35, early bird rate $25.
- Sunday, May 15th: Passion Drum Choreography 1-4pm @ Pmtr. Cost $35, early bird rate $29. Learn a dance in one day
- Sunday, May 7th: Mother-Daughter Day 1-4pm @ Pmtr (Details) Schadia and She'nez are going to teach a fabulous Workshop to celebrate the Mothers of our studios. Bring your mother and/or daughter(s) for a fun afternoon.
- Wednesday, March 2nd Stage Makeup Workshop
7:30-9pm @ Perimeter. Cost $18 walk-in, $14 early bird.
- Sunday, February 13th, 2011:
Jasmine Beginner Choreography (also student group dance of Spring '11 Studio Show), 1-4pm @ Perimeter. Cost: $35 walk-in, $28 early bird, $19 refresher rate if you previously learned that dance in a six-week session.
- Saturday, February 12th, 2011:
Upgrade U (by Beyonce) Beginner Choreography (also student group dance of Spring '11 Studio Show), 1-4pm @ Perimeter. Cost: $35 walk-in, $28 early bird, $19 refresher rate if you previously learned that dance in a six-week session.
- Saturday, February 5th, 2011:
Abgal Alena Skirt Dance Mixed level Choreography (also student group dance of Spring '11 Studio Show), 1-4pm @ Perimeter. Cost: $35 walk-in, $28 early bird, $19 refresher rate if you previously learned that dance in a six-week session.
- Saturday, January 22th, 2011: Abdominal Exercises for Belly Dancers (mixed lvl)
- December 12th , 2010: Merriest Hawaiian Christmas Belly Dance Workshop
- October 8th, 2010: Freestyle Belly Dance Workshop
- Saturday September 11th, 2010: Beginner Dance (student dance for Fall Show)
- Sunday August 22nd, 2010: Intermediate Dance (student dance for Fall Show)
- August 14+15th, 2010: Haflanta 2010 - two days of workshops
Haflanta Seminars and Show
August 14+15th, 2010: Haflanta Seminars and Show.
- Saturday June 19th, 2010: Nubian Style Dancing (details)
- Sunday May 9th, 2019: Mother's Day: Mother-Daughter Belly Dance Workshop for fun
($5 for two)
Sunday, May 9th, 2-3pm w/shopping, cookies 1-2 and 3-4pm
- April 9th, 2010: Freestyle Belly Dance Workshop
- March 19th, 2010: Stage Makeup Workshop for Belly Dancers
- February 27th, 2010: Gypsy Skirt Beginner Dance
- February 21st, 2010: Passion Drum Solo Beginner Dance
- January 31st, 2010: La Azon Intermediate Dance
- January 23rd, 2010: Abdominal Exercises for Belly Dancers Workshop
- December 19th, 2009: Merriest Hawaiian Christmas Hula Dance
- October 24th, 2009: Freestyle belly dancing Workshop
- September 27th, 2009: Blockhead Beginner Dance
- September 26th, 2009: Haya Gat Alaya Beginner Dance
- September 26th, 2009: Boss Ba'ah Intermediate Dance
- September 12th, 2009: Kajra Re Bollywood Beginner Dance
- August 15th, 2009: Gothic Fusion Dance Workshop w/Guest Alicia
- July 18th, 2009: Zill Technique Workshop
- June 6th, 2009: Fan Veil Workshop
- March 12th, 2009: Costume Fitting and Sewing Workshop
- February 21st, 2009: Huep Intermediate Dance
- February 8th, 2009: Miss Independent Beginner Dance
- February 7th, 2009: Jasmine Beginner Dance
- February 6th+13th, 2009: Fast Egyptian Intermediate Dance (2 part workshop)
- February 1st, 2009: Nubian Beginner Dance
- September 20+21, 2008: Bhangra Basics and Intermediate Workshop w/Guest Joti
- September 7th, 2008: Zaina Beginner Dance
- August 23rd, 2008: Jasmine Beginner Dance
- August 16th, 2008: Nafs el Makan Intermediate Dance
- March 1st, 2008: Vele Ya Vele Beginner Dance
- February 24th, 2008: Mizmar Beginner Dance
- February 16th, 2008: Amar Haween Intermediate Dance
- >November 3+4, 2007: Turkish Dancing w/Sword and Spoons w/guest Artemis Mourat
- September 16th, 2007: Haya Gat Alaya Beginner Dance
- September 9th, 2007: Zaina Beginner Dance
- February 4th, 2007: Mizmar Beginner Dance
- December 10th, 2006: Sword Dance Workshop
- September 10th, 2006: Every Way Beginner Dance
- August 20th, 2006: Belly Dance Like Shakira Workshop
- July 16th, 2006: Basic Hula Dance Workshop
- August 20th, 2005: Farhannah Drum Solo Workshop w/guest Bahima
- July 17th, 2003: Egyptian Beginner Dance Workshop w/guest Sadiia
- April 21, 2002: Drum Solo Workshop